Monday, January 07, 2008

What's Your Dream?

Today, I'm profiling one of our newest articles and hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Join Pat Lynch, WomensRadio Editor-In-Chief and Host of “Speak Up!” as she meets with the Executive Director of Soroptimist International of the Americas, Leigh Wintz. Leigh shares with us what it takes to become empowered and to begin living your dreams through Soroptimist’s campaign entitled “Live Your Dream.”

Founded in 1921, Soroptimist International of the Americas is an international organization for business and professional women who provide volunteer service to their communities. Almost 40,000 Soroptimists in about 20 countries and territories contribute time and financial support to community–based and international projects benefiting women and girls. The name, Soroptimist, means “best for women,” and that’s what the organization strives to achieve. Soroptimists are women at their best working to help other women to be their best.

I'll have to admit, until I read this article and listened to the interview myself, I didn't know much about the organization. But wow, I am sold on it now and this campaign is just super. So, go on now, check it out, go to the Soroptimist site, explore, and think about how you can get involved.

Enjoy, and have a great day!

No comments: