Friday, September 08, 2006

What's The Buzz About Women Business Owners?

Women in business have had to be a bit more persistant and willing to fight the battles to break down those barriers with people who perceive that men are more business-like.

BUT, business women are now starting to get recognition as serious contenders in the race for starting up businesses....and they are winning. More than half of new business is started by a woman business owner. I think I know why...

Business women are tired of having to be in charge at home and at work, while having no say in the hours they work. I believe more women in business are saying "hey, I can do this myself!"

Instead of working on someone else's schedule, women are deciding to work on their own schedule. I, for one, say "hooray!" It's time that corporations start allowing more flexibility in work schedules for business women or ... as one of my women executive friends said "they'll end up with only middle ages, mediocre, white males running the show. That's because talent is fleeing from the corporation anyway. Top that with talented women fleeing at twice the rate of talented men and you've got the makings of a company in trouble.

That's my take on the current situation with business women at least...what's yours?

No comments: